Monday, September 1, 2014

Finishing off the throw rug ...

Attatching the last of the binding...
~
I thought I'd show you some of the intricate hand quilting my mother did on this quilt...this is the reverse side.
~
~
~
Pinning the binding ready to hand stitch...
~
Lots of hand stitching! I have worked out why I love baking more than sewing! Its not nearly as painful!
Fact: it take 3 minutes for a pricked finger to stop bleeding!  This happened many times!
~
Gus made Kylie Kwong's Coconut Pork Skewers ...
 ~
Really yummy!
~
I will finish the quilt off by top sewing the binding, this afternoon. I need to get some ecru coloured thread as I dont think I have enough on the spool to do it in one go!
~
Cheers - Joolz xx
(The baker, not sewer!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness the back of that handsewing is as good as the front! One talented lady your mum. Oh and I reckon I could use a blood top up due to the amount I lose, I can't get on with thimbles at all, so constantly pierce my fingers and I'm pretty good at slicing the top off the odd finger with rotary cutters!!! After the past load of hand sewing I actually had callouses!! I mean what's that all about lol! I so want to come to dinner at yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.