Monday, July 21, 2014

The BIG 50 !

Last weekend, I celebrated my 50th Birthday with my husband and two daughters at Mount Lofty House in the Adelaide Hills.

This is the ML House but we stayed in their quaint Coachman's Cottage ...

Nestled amongst lots of trees and a garden that would be so pretty in spring...

It is fully renovated and had a lovely wood fire which Gus kept stoked all weekend. We got there Friday evening and just ordered in pizzas for dinner...

Next morning we took a quick walk through the grounds to find our breakfast in the dining room.

Although sunshiney, it was freezing cold. The valley and hills were so pretty...
 
Fog drifting through the valley...

Kirby and Bri organised a spa morning for us to enjoy - I do love a good foot massage and pedicure!!

(Photos from Cocos website)

We each had a half hour upper body massage - so good!

We enjoyed a champers while being pampered...

We had an hour and a half pedi pampering. They trimmed and shaped our nails, then soaked our feet in an essential oil bath, sloughed off the dead skin, massaged with a salt scrub then applied warm paraffin wax and slipped our feet into booties. Absolute bliss!

The wax solidifies and they just slip it off like a glove with no residue left behind...

The finished product - pretty, moisturised feet!

We had a pub lunch afterwards, joined by Gus, then we headed back to the cottage. I had a nice couple of hours on the bed - Nanna Nap!

We all got tizzied up for dinner at MLHouse. Love my girls!

Our dinner was delicious (but lighting was too dim for photos) but I did get this shot of my Birthday dessert plate...

Gus presented me with a beautiful diamond necklace...

Kirby and Bri gave me this personalised print - how awesome is it? All the things I love in my life are in this print!

After a yummy Sunday breakfast it was time to check out and head home. The girls were home in 20 minutes but we had a 4 hour drive ahead of us!

Monday was my actual birthday so it was off to Penola for lunch at The Vintage Cafe with my four gorgeous older more senior sisters! We enjoyed the chicken, mushroom and champagne pies - delicious!

They gave me this love seat and a small individual present each.

Balloons too! So spoilt!

Now most people would go home to recover from all of this but no, not me! I headed to Hamilton, Victoria in the afternoon to catch up with Gus where he had delivered a vehicle. From there we got to Ballarat to stay the night. Next day we delivered another car into Melbourne, got rid of the car Gus was driving at an auction place then headed back to Hamilton in the trade-in.

Home by 10.30am Wednesday, just in time for lunch at the cafe at Mum's nursing home for my sister Sue's birthday! Phew!

~

I had been putting together a hamper of goodies for Sue - it included:

A serving tray with tea towel

English breakfast teabags

Homemade apricot jam, cucumber pickles, steak spice rub, barbecue sauce, gardeners sugar hand scrub, chocolate pistachio fudge and a jar of "Emergency Rocky Road"

I made rustic tags from a brown paper supermarket bag that I cut up and it all came together nicely.

So that was by big birthday week. I feel very lucky to have such beautiful family and friends. I received cards and flowers and lots of Facebook messages too.

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Wow Happy Birthday it looks like you had an awesome time and was very spoilt xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated birthday wishes! Sounds like a perfect weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ballarat!!! Jules,We could have added another supper in there...!!! My turf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me!absolutely love the print your daughters did for for you.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome week to see in your 50th. With family. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.