Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Lamb Korma...

 

I felt like a curry last night but wasnt sure of a recipe and I had to shop before going home. Time for a cheat's curry!
 
This range of sauces are 'never fail' as they never fail to satisfy our taste buds. I've made quite a few authentic curries from acratch now but these sauces are brilliant. All I had to do was brown an onion, brown off some lamb shoulder (chops that I trimmed off), simmer until tender then add natural yoghurt before serving. I served it with a raita (I am addicted) and I puffed some pappadums in the microwave. I am out of naan bread (usually kept in the freezer)! Another favourite of mine is Sri Lankan Chicken Curry... This one (below) you add coconut milk to it, oh so good!
I did consult my Rick Stein's India book when I got home and next time I am going to try his Lamb Dopiaza - all of the ingredients go straight in a pot and cook for 2 hours (I might try slow cooking for 4 hours in my crock pot)...
Lamb shoulder, onion, garlic, ginger, yoghurt, coriander, turmeric, cumin, cloves, cinnamon stick, kashmiri chillis, peppercorns, cardamon, ghee, salt and water.

I hope you are staying warm wherever you are in Aus - our days are getting longer again, its not dark at 5pm anymore... Yay!

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

3 comments:

  1. Ah now that is good to know that they are great to use, so will try some. We've got beef madras tonight with vegetable pilau rice. The smell of it wafting is making me drool :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always wondered what those curries were like....will have to try them now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am longer for longer days!
    We ordered Korma from the Indian takeaway, the girls actually liked it in a naan bread wrap, so I have to try it out at home. Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.